Monday, August 13, 2007

A Preview of what is to come.

As many of you already know I just got back from hiking my first 14er (4 peaks in one day). With 6.5 hours of non stop hiking, I had plenty of time to reflect on the new direction our office is taking. I thought it would be helpful to cue you all in on what new and exciting things we have in store for you. First, we will be adding 2 more Power Plates. Second, we will be launching a new patient education program called “ACTIVE LIVING”. Let me explain what this means for you:

We are attempting to do something that few Doctors have been able to do. We will attempt to dramatically improve the exercise and fitness level of everyone we work with. Many Chiropractors and other healthcare professionals talk to patients about the need for exercise, but few have the ability/desire to actually make it happen. We are going to offer each of you extended time on the Power Plate with every office visit for the following reasons: to improve circulation, to increase strength, to retain or improve bone density, to increase flexibility, improve balance and coordination, to reduce cortisol levels, to improve blood chemistry, etc.

Why is this a big deal to you? You will benefit by having access to highly advanced health and fitness technology- at no cost. I know of several clinics in the U.S. that have the Power Plate, but charge a considerable amount to use it ($40/session). I want everyone in this office to benefit from the Power Plate, with every visit. Although 1-2 minute sessions on the Power Plate is beneficial, a 5 minute workout session of continuous stimulation is far better- I know you will see and feel the difference! We will be teaching you more stretch and exercise routines. We will also be holding periodic “how to” classes that will help you design specific workout programs for your needs. The NEW 5 minute Power Plate workout sessions will help you better experience what this office is all about… Maximized Health and Fitness. We are doing this free of charge not only because you need it, but also because you deserve it!

I have spent a considerable amount of time contemplating how to further improve our patient education system. I am renaming our health seminar series the ACTIVE LIVING PROGRAM. I have come to the conclusion that most people are not living actively, but passively. We are just “getting by” or “going through the motions”, with regard to our level of health and fitness. Living passively with regard to health and fitness is why so many people are so unhealthy. I believe this is primarily due to the fact that we lack the necessary educational and motivational tools required to take control and be proactive. My goal with the ACTIVE LIVING PROGRAM is to help you find the tools to live actively, and play a greater role in how your future state of health unfolds. The information that I will share with you in the ACTIVE LIVING PROGRAM is what I would consider my personal secrets to success… a greater state of health, fitness and happiness. I urge all of you to attend these free, open to the public, health seminars.

More details coming soon…
Stand up, speak up and educate others,
Dr. Craig