Wednesday, May 19, 2010

You Are Unconquerable...If You Choose To Be!

Late last year a movie titled "Invictus" was released. It tells the story of Nelson Mandela using the national rugby team to unify and motivate a post-apartheid South Africa. Mandela's perspective is the true triumph of the story. He spent 30 years in prison, but upon his release he was ready to forgive and move forward. Could he have been bitter? Could he have taken retribution against his captors? Would any of these actions help rebuild a damaged society?
What can we learn from Nelson Mandela's sotry? We have the potential to be the master of our fate. We have been talking a lot lately about the fact that our choices determine the course of our lives and health. You can in fact change your genetic expression simply by choosing to live a healthy lifestyle. Simple things like eating more fruits and vegetables, drinking more clean pure water, and daily exercise will make dramatic changes in your life.
I hear all the time, "My parents had it so I am doomed into getting it too." Or, "I just have bad genes." This train of thought is just wrong! What would have happened to the people of South Africa if Mr. Mandela simply said, "I have been dealt a bad lot and there is nothing I can do about it"? Instead he found inspiration in a poem titled "Invictus" by William Earnest Henley that reminded him that no matter what the circumstances, he could remain unconquerable (by the way, invictus is Latin for unconquerable).

Below is the text for the poem:
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but hte Horror of the shade,
And yet the menance of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.



You are unconquerable!!

Yours in Abundant Health,

Dr. Judd

Read the 1st Page of this newsletter HERE "Allergic to Amino Acids, and Don't Even Know It?"